1. Invite a friend, neighbor, family member to attend a school board meeting with you.
2. Organize a book drive with your family, co-workers, school, club or faith community
3. Read to children in your family, at your library, or with a local non-profit engaged in child care or literacy.
4. Purchase school supplies for a local school to distribute to children who need them.
5. Enroll your child in a summer reading program at the local library.
6. Donate your newspaper subscription to a local school when you go on vacation.
7. Allow a high school student to shadow you at work and show them how apply things you learned in school.
8. Take the children in your life to a local museum, exhibit or play.
9. Be a mealtime partner for a pre-school class to help kids develop social skills.
10. Mentor an at-risk youth at your neighborhood school.